Position: Legal practitioner Intellectual Property and Technology
MawereSibanda is seeking an associate with at least 2 years of Intellectual Property law practice experience to join our IP & Technology practice. The ideal candidate will have developed skills in trademark clearance, general IP prosecution, counselling, and enforcement.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Legal practitioner’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Preparation of local and international registrations and renewals, including communications with ZIPO and ARIPO;
- Correspond with foreign IP counsel;
- Communication with clients related to trademark portfolio maintenance, including generating trademark status reports;
- Management of docket and deadlines for client domestic and international trademark portfolios;
- Review of and responding to office actions;
- Conduct clearance searches and render advice to clients;
- Legal advisory on the creation, use and protection of IP in Africa.
- Representing clients in matters in superior courts including IP litigation and general commercial litigation.
- Providing support on general corporate, M&A, antitrust and intellectual property matters; and
- Other duties as required to ensure smooth operation of the IP & Technology practice.
Education and Qualifications
- Possession of a degree in Law from an accredited law school
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant professional experience in a law firm and/or in-house setting, with experience in IP laws and regulations.
- IP qualification with accredited bodies a distinct advantage.
- High levels of integrity and honesty.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in joining our team, please send a detailed CV with traceable references, application letter and supporting documentation of qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 17th March 2022.